How We Can Help
We are not trained counsellors but we do know how to listen and how to help if possible. We know being a parent isn’t always easy and there is no manual. If there is an issue that you are concerned about with your child or you just want to know where to go for some advice, we will do our best to help. If there are things you would like to know more about or see from us as a club, we will be happy to listen to your ideas. We are not your average Youth Club we want to help give our Members the tools to be more resilient as well as other opportunities.
What The Club Is Able To Offer
We work with Sussex Oakleaf and run Resilience Workshops for the youth predominantly for our members aged 11 to 16 but will help others if spaces are available.
Online – Mental Health & Resilience:
Wednesday 13th January, 7pm-8pm – 5 weeks – FULLY BOOKED
Wednesday 3rd March, 7pm-8pm – 5 weeks – 10 spaces – email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book a space.
There is also the possibility of running a course for parents if there is enough interest. To find out more about a parent course email email@example.com
Mental Health and Bullying Resources
What Local and National Help Is Available
- Sussex Oakleaf (16+) – https://www.sussexoakleaf.org.uk/
- YMCA – https://www.ymca.org.uk/
- Young Minds – https://youngminds.org.uk/
- Allsorts (LGBTQ+) – https://www.allsortsyouth.org.uk/westsussex
- YES (Mental health support) – https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/education-children-and-families/your-space/health/emotional-wellbeing-and-mental-health/youth-emotional-support-yes-service/
- Childline – https://www.childline.org.uk/
- E-wellbeing – https://e-wellbeing.co.uk/
- Doc ready – https://www.docready.org/#/home
What To Watch For
Further information on courses and online events will be posted here.